Dads

Dads

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Humility

hu·mil·i·ty
/(h)yo͞oˈmilədē/
noun
noun: humility
a modest or low view of one's own importance
 
 That first night will always stick out in my memory; the low electric hum of the small town, the heat of summer nights and the stench of dog and stale cigarettes. We were all kids, forced into an adults world. We lived like Teenage Kings but died like Paupers. 
I told her I was sorry for everything that had led up to this point. We were alone, homeless and in love. Too proud, too arrogant to give up any ground, so we slept on it. 
That first night the sheer force of the situation broke me, I'll never forget the moment under the sky I realized I was unimportant. I was small, in the grand scheme of the Universe's Drama. 
That night I was shown Humility. A long, slow. broken path that leads right back to where you started.

noun: humility
a modest or low view of one's own importance

No comments:

Post a Comment